2010 New Zealand local elections
The 2010 New Zealand local elections were triennial elections to select local government officials and district health board members. All elections are conducted by postal ballot, with election day being Saturday 9 October 2010.
|New Zealand portal|
- Mayors and councillors for all 67 territorial authority councils
- Councillors for 10 regional councils, (all regional councils had elections except Canterbury Regional Council, and the Auckland Regional Council which will be replaced by the Auckland Council)
- Members of all 20 District Health Boards (DHBs)
- Members for all 21 local boards of the Auckland Council
- Various local and community boards and licensing trusts.
Except for all DHBs and six territorial authorities, officials were elected by the First Past the Post system. Members of DHBs and mayors and councillors in six territorial authorities, including Wellington City and Dunedin City, were elected using the Single Transferable Vote system.