2011 NACAC Cross Country Championships
The 2011 NACAC Cross Country Championships was the seventh edition of the continental cross country running competition which took place on February 19 at Queen's Park Savannah in Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago. A total of 166 athletes took part in the event, hailing from a record high of 20 nations within the North America, Central America and Caribbean region.
|2011 NACAC Cross Country Championships|
|Host city||Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago|
|Venue||Queen's Park Savannah|
|Distances||8 km – Senior men |
6 km – Junior men (U20)
6 km – Senior women
4 km – Junior women (U20)
|Participation||118 athletes from |
The competition featured four races: an 8 km senior men's race, a 6 km senior women's race, a 6 km junior (under-20s) men's race and a 4 km junior women's race. The course for the championships followed a 2-kilometer grassy loop and was relatively flat throughout. Kenyan-born runner Robert Cheseret won the senior men's gold for the United States and also led the Americans to the team title. Canadian Kathryn Harrison secured the senior women's title, but the United States took the overall senior women's gold medals. Ross Proudfoot led a Canadian sweep of the medals in the junior men's race, while American Chelsea Orr was the junior women's gold medalist.
|Senior men's 8 km||Robert Cheseret (USA)||23:43 min||Cameron Levins (CAN)||23:46 min||Colin Leak (USA)||23:51 min|
|Senior women's 6 km||Kathryn Harrison (CAN)||20:19 min||Megan Duwell (USA)||20:22 min||Kim Conley (USA)||20:24 min|
|Junior men's 6 km||Ross Proudfoot (CAN)||18:27 min||Connor Darlington (CAN)||18:29 min||Paul Janikowski (CAN)||18:29 min|
|Junior women's 4 km||Chelsea Orr (USA)||13:54 min||Fiona Benson (CAN)||14:00 min||Maria Bernard (CAN)||14:02 min|
|Senior men's 8 km||United States (USA)||15 pts||Canada (CAN)||37 pts||Trinidad and Tobago (TRI)||86 pts|
|Senior women's 6 km||United States (USA)||14 pts||Canada (CAN)||30 pts||Trinidad and Tobago (TRI)||68 pts|
|Junior men's 6 km||Canada (CAN)||12 pts||United States (USA)||37 pts||Puerto Rico (PUR)||56 pts|
|Junior women's 4 km||Canada (CAN)||15 pts||United States (USA)||30 pts||Puerto Rico (PUR)||61 pts|
Medal table (unofficial)
Host nation (Trinidad and Tobago)
|Totals (3 nations)||8||8||6||22|
- Note: Totals include both individual and team medals, with medals in the team competition counting as one medal.
According to an unofficial count, 121 athletes from 19 countries participated.
- Robinson, Javier Clavelo (2011-02-20). USA and Canada trade honours at NACAC XC Championships. IAAF. Retrieved on 2011-02-20.
- Selection Procedures. USATF. Retrieved on 2011-02-20.
- Athlete Information. USATF. Retrieved on 2011-02-20.
- 2011 NACAC Cross Country Championships (PDF), Athletics Canada, archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-08-16, retrieved January 15, 2014
- NACAC Cross Country Championships 2011 - QUEEN'S PARK SAVANNAH - PORT OF SPAIN, TRINIDAD - 2/19/2011 - Results (PDF), NAAATT, February 21, 2011, retrieved January 15, 2014
- 2011 NACAC Cross Country Championships - Results, USA Track & Field, retrieved January 15, 2014
- 2011 Results - NACAC Cross Country Championships, runnerspace.com, February 23, 2011, retrieved January 15, 2014