AEG turbine factory

The AEG turbine factory was built in 1909, at Huttenstraße 12–16 in the Berlin district of Moabit. It is the best-known work of architect Peter Behrens.[1] The 100m long steel framed building with 15m tall glass windows on either side is considered the first attempt to introduce restrained modern design to industrial architecture.[2] It was a bold move, and world first that would have a durable impact on architecture as a whole.

Shape and height of the building axis are given by the three joint ties.
750 Jahre Berlin, Poststamp;1987

Share this article:

This article uses material from the Wikipedia article AEG turbine factory, and is written by contributors. Text is available under a CC BY-SA 4.0 International License; additional terms may apply. Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.