Agar Malwa district
Agar Malwa District became the 51st district of Madhya Pradesh on 16 August 2013. It was carved out of the existing Shajapur District. Its administrative headquarters are situated in the town of Agar.
Location of Agar-Malwa district in Madhya Pradesh
|• District Magistrate||Awadhesh Sharma|
|• Total||2,785 km2 (1,075 sq mi)|
|• Density||210/km2 (530/sq mi)|
|• Literacy||per cent|
|Time zone||UTC+05:30 (IST)|
It was a division during the Sindhia state (some of their palaces are still presently used for city court and for other government offices). It was formerly a cantonment region at the time of India's independence because of the favourable weather and the availability of water. It was a district under the state of Madhya Bharat after the independence of India until 1956. Since 16 August 2013 Agar Malwa has been the 51st district of Madhya Pradesh. The district was formed by removing Agar, Badod, Susner and Nalkheda tehsils from Shajapur District, decreasing its size.
The western part of the district is marked by the Agar Plateau that covers the major areas of Agar Malwa district. There is a hill tract to the west of the town of Badod, showing scattered hillocks in a north-south direction. The presence of hills in the center has affected the drainage pattern. The height of this tract varies between 500 metres (1,600 ft) and 545 metres (1,788 ft) above the mean sea level and it slopes towards the north.
Dudhaliya and Kachhol are the main streams in the west, originating from the hill tract and draining towards the west. Chhoti Kali Sindh, which is the main perennial stream of the region, flows northwards on the western border of the region.
Agar Malwa District has two sub-divisions, AgarMalwa division and Susner Division. There are four tehsils: Agar Malwa, Badod, Susner and Nalkheda.
Banking Facilities in Agar Malwa
The list of banks functioning in Agar Malwa:
- AU Small Finance Bank, Agar Malwa Branch
- Bank of Baroda, Agar Malwa, Madhya Pradesh Branch
- Bank Of India, Agar Malwa Branch
- Bank Of India, Collectorate, Agar Malwa Branch
- DCB Bank Limited, Pal Branch
- IDFC First Bank Ltd, Agar Malwa Branch
- Indian Bank, Agar Malwa Branch
- Indian Bank, Dongargaon Branch
- Union Bank of India, Agar Malwa Branch
- "History of Agar Malwa district". Retrieved 7 October 2019.
- "Agar-Malwa becomes MP's 51st district". 14 August 2013. Archived from the original on 6 November 2013.
- "Au Small Finance Bank Limited Agar Malwa Branch".
- "Bank Of Baroda, Agar Malwa, Branch".
- "Bank Of India Agar Malwa Branch".
- "Bank Of India Collectorate, Agar Malwa Branch".
- "DCB Bank Limited Pal Branch".
- "IDFC First Bank Ltd Agar Malwa Branch".
- "Indian Bank Agar Malwa Branch".
- "Indian Bank Dongargaon Branch".
- "UNION BANK OF INDIA Agar Malwa Branch".