|Full name||Alexander Venters|
|Date of birth||9 June 1913|
|Place of birth||Cowdenbeath, Scotland|
|Date of death||30 April 1959 45)(aged|
|Place of death||Cowdenbeath, Scotland|
|South End Rovers|
|–1930||St Andrews United|
|1935–1939||Scottish League XI||4||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Alex Venters, an inside forward, joined Rangers in November 1933 after his first club Cowdenbeath. He spent a total of 13 years at Ibrox Park, winning three Scottish league titles (1935, 1937 and 1939), two Scottish Cups (1935, 1936) and scoring 102 goals in 201 appearances. 18 of these 102 goals came against Celtic in various competitions. In the last season before association football was suspended due to World War II (1939) Venters was top scorer in the Scottish First Division (35 goals). Venters was also a prolific scorer during World War II; however, as these games were unofficial, his additional 53 wartime goals cannot be added to his official goalscoring record.
Between 1933 and 1939 he won three caps for Scotland, the first of which was against Ireland in 1933 while with Cowdenbeath. He won a further two official caps (both in matches against England) while at Rangers, in 1936 and 1939. He also played in four wartime internationals.
Venters' father Sandy and brothers Andrew and Jock were also footballers.
- "Alex Venters". Barry Hugman's Footballers. Retrieved 30 December 2018.
- Litster, John. Record of Pre-War Scottish League Players. Norwich: PM Publications.
- "Venters Alec Image 1 Cowdenbeath 1932". Vintage Footballers. Retrieved 30 December 2018.
- Rangers.co.uk: History: Alex Venters Archived 20 December 2013 at the Wayback Machine
- "Top Goalscorers per division". Scottish-Football-Historical-Archive.com. Archived from the original on 27 September 2012.
- FriendsOfRangers.co.uk: Legends In Blue Archived 24 December 2013 at the Wayback Machine
- National-Football-Teams.com: Alex Venters
- Weltfussball.de: Alex Venters Archived 21 December 2013 at archive.today
- "Scottish Football Historical Archive – Scottish League appearance records – TUV". Archived from the original on 24 December 2017. Retrieved 30 December 2018.
- LondonHearts.com: Alexander Venters
- Rangerspedia: Venters, Alex
- "Hometown Heroes (Local Footballers in Profile) – No. 17 – The Venters Family". Central Fife Times. Retrieved 30 December 2018.