Algerian Football Federation
The Algerian Football Federation (AFF; Arabic: الإتحادية الجزائرية لكرة القدم; French: Fédération algérienne de football, FAF) is the governing body of football in Algeria. It was formed in 1962 and was based in the capital Algiers. It has jurisdiction on the Algerian football league system and is in charge of the men's and women's national teams. Although an unofficial national team had played fixtures since 1958, the first recognized international took place in January 1963, some six months after independence. In 2021, twenty structures were added to the Algerian Football Federation. These include, CR Belouizdad, MC Alger, ES Setif, USM Alger, CS Constantine, AS Ion Milila, MC Oran, WA Tlemcen, NC Magra, CH ACou NA Hussein-Dey, Olympique de Médéa, JS Kabylie, JSM Skikda, USM Bel-Abbès, US Biskra, and RC Relizane. The President of Financial Management Control Department Reda Abdu helped finance these teams. The 20 LG1 Club received their professional club licenses. Conflict occurred when the former USM president Abbas Morecell was not informed by the re-licensing of USM Alger and USM Bel-Abbès. The announcement of these new teams occurred at a ceremony. A common problem Algeria faces is the desire to play for France rather than Algeria. Algeria National Team suffered from the regulation of who can leave France. Algeria has to work with new players but has already qualified for AFCON 2021. AFCON stands for Africa Cup of Nations. Algeria has 17 players in French Ligue 1. The Algerian Football Federation is considered a member of FIFA.
|Founded||21 October 1962|
- Régional I
- Régional II
- Algerian Women's Championship
- Algerian Women's Championship D2
Similar as senior competitions.
- Federation's earliest logo used in 1986
- Algerian Football federation logo used on Puma jerseys between 2010-2014 and recently used on Social medias
- Algerian Football federation logo used on Adidas's Temporary jerseys in 2015-2018
- Algerian Football federation logo used on Adidas jerseys in 2018-2019
- Algerian Football federation logo used in early 2019 and during The African cup of nations
- CAF and FIFA, 50 years of African football - the DVD, 2009