American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute
The American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI) is a nonprofit member benefit of the American Hotel and Lodging Association. Established in 1953, it provides hospitality education, training and professional certification that serves the needs of hospitality schools and industries worldwide.
This article was nominated for deletion. The discussion was closed on 16 May 2021 with a consensus to merge the content into the article American Hotel and Lodging Association. If you find that such action has not been taken promptly, please consider assisting in the merger instead of re-nominating the article for deletion. To discuss the merger, please use the destination article's talk page. (May 2021)
|Legal status||Trade association|
|American Hotel and Lodging Association|
The Educational Institute certifies the competencies in conjunction with academia and industry experts for over 35 positions in the hospitality industry; designations from line-level to general manager as Certified Hotel Administrator (CHA).
The Educational Institute has more than 90 licensed affiliates in 54 countries. EI has offices in Lansing, Michigan, Orlando, Florida and India, and holds exclusive Hospitality Education Program (HEP) license agreements in 45 countries connecting the Educational Institute to hospitality operations throughout Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Africa, and Latin America.
Most certifications, especially CHA's, can earn undergraduate or graduate credit for their certification when they enroll in certain American Public University programs of study from the American Public University, and the University of Phoenix. The American Council on Education (ACE) determined the CHA certification is worth six semester credits at an upper-division baccalaureate degree level and three semester credits at a graduate degree levels.
- "The .. Industry". Certified Hotel Administrators. Southwind Hospitality. Archived from the original on 17 October 2011. Retrieved 2 October 2011.
- "CHA Certification". CHA. AHLEI. Retrieved 2 October 2011.
- "We Train." About the Educational Institute. AHLEI. Archived from the original on 28 September 2011. Retrieved 2 October 2011.
- Hospitality Career Path Archived 2016-03-05 at the Wayback Machine, Hospitality Career Path Certifications.
- "CREDIT". www.acenet.edu. Retrieved 2019-02-23.