Arlington Antebellum Home & Gardens

Arlington Antebellum Home & Gardens, or Arlington Historic House, is a former plantation house and 6 acres (24,000 m2) of landscaped gardens near downtown Birmingham, Alabama. The two-story frame structure was built between 1845–50 and features antebellum-era Greek Revival architecture. The house serves as a decorative arts museum, featuring a collection of 19th-century furniture, textiles, silver, and paintings. The garden features a restored garden room that is used for special events. The house was added to the National Register of Historic Places on December 2, 1970, as Arlington, and has also been known as the Mudd-Munger House.[1]

Arlington
Arlington in 1993
Location331 Cotton Ave., SW, Birmingham, Alabama
Coordinates33°29′59″N 86°50′20″W
Built1845–50
ArchitectStephen Hall; William Mudd
Architectural styleGreek Revival, Federal
NRHP reference No.70000103[1]
Added to NRHPDecember 2, 1970

Share this article:

This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Arlington Antebellum Home & Gardens, and is written by contributors. Text is available under a CC BY-SA 4.0 International License; additional terms may apply. Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.