Association of IOC Recognised International Sports Federations
The Association of IOC Recognised International Sports Federations (ARISF) is a non-governmental, non-profit organisation constituted through and recognised by the International Olympic Committee (IOC). The ARISF's members are international sports federations recognised by the IOC that currently do not compete in either the Summer or Winter Olympics. It was formed in 1983. It is headed by Raffaele Chiulli, who is the President of ARISF.
|Purpose||Inter-sports federation organisation|
|42 governing bodies of sports federations|
The Council is composed of a President, Vice-President, Secretary General and three members, all from different sports federations.
|President||Raffaele Chiulli||Italy||World Federation of Powerboating|
|Vice-President||Fernando Aguerre||Argentina||International Surfing Association|
|Secretary General||Riccardo Fraccari||Italy||World Baseball Softball Confederation|
|Council Members||Keith D. Calkins||United States||International Racquetball Federation|
|Molly Rhone||Jamaica||International Netball Federation|
|Anna Arzhanova||Russia||World Underwater Federation|
- International Olympic Committee (IOC)
- Association of Summer Olympic International Federations (ASOIF)
- Association of International Olympic Winter Sports Federations (AIOWF)
- SportAccord (GAISF)
- List of international sports federations
Notes and references
- "New ARISF Council elected". Association of IOC Recognised International Sports Federations. 5 June 2013. Archived from the original on 15 July 2014. Retrieved 16 July 2013.
- "ARISF - Members". arisf.org. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- including aerobatics, air racing, ballooning, gliding, hang gliding, and parachuting/skydiving
- including carom billiards, pocket billiards/pool, and snooker
- "ICC gains full Olympic recognition". CricketEurope. 14 December 2009.