Barbara Womack Webb
Barbara Womack Webb
|Associate Justice of the Arkansas Supreme Court|
|Assumed office |
January 1, 2021
|Preceded by||Josephine L. Hart|
|Judge of the Saline County Circuit Court|
December 18, 2017 – December 31, 2018
|Appointed by||Asa Hutchinson|
|Preceded by||Bobby McCallister|
|Succeeded by||Ken Casady|
|Born||1956/1957 (age 63–64)|
|Education||University of Arkansas (B.A., J.D.)|
She was elected to be the prosecuting attorney of the 7th and 22nd judicial districts of Arkansas. In addition to being a prosecuting attorney she has served on the Arkansas Ethics Commission, Arkansas State Crime Lab Board, Arkansas Coalition for Juvenile Justice, and the U.S. Department of Justice Anti-Terrorism Task Force.
On December 4, 2018, Webb was appointed by Governor Asa Hutchinson to be a Circuit Judge of Saline County. She was the first woman appointed as a circuit judge in the county. She was appointed to replace Circuit Judge Bobby McCallister and served until December 31, 2018.
On November 8, 2019, Webb filed paperwork to run for a seat on the Arkansas Supreme Court. On March 3, 2020, she was elected to be an Associate Justice of the Arkansas Supreme Court. defeating Democrat Morgan Welch.
- "Former Arkansas judge draws probation for failing to file tax return". Arkansas Democrat Gazette. 2017-12-17.
- "Barbara Womack Webb Lawyer Profile on Martindale.com". www.martindale.com. Retrieved 2020-11-06.
- Poole, Shelli (November 8, 2019). "Former Judge Barbara Womack Webb Files for Arkansas Supreme Court". www.mysaline.com. Retrieved November 6, 2020.
- "Gov. Hutchinson Announces Intent to Appoint Barbara Womack Webb" (Press release). Little Rock, Arkansas. December 4, 2017. Retrieved November 6, 2020.
- Briggs, Zack (February 3, 2020). "2 candidates competing for seat on Arkansas Supreme Court". KATV. Retrieved November 6, 2020.
- Morrison, Elisha (March 4, 2020). "Webb to join Arkansas Supreme Court". The Saline Courier. Retrieved November 6, 2020.
- Pierce, Sam (December 18, 2017). "Former prosecuting attorney and CEO appointed as Saline County circuit judge". Arkansas Online. Retrieved November 6, 2020.
- "Barbara Webb elected Associate Justice of Arkansas Supreme Court". KLRT - FOX16.com. March 4, 2020. Retrieved November 6, 2020.
- Brantley, Max (November 11, 2019). "State GOP chair's wife, Barbara Webb, joins race for Supreme Court". Arkansas Times. Retrieved November 6, 2020.