Belgium - Denmark relations refers to the current and historical relations between Belgium and Denmark. Belgium has an embassy in Copenhagen, while Denmark has an embassy in Brussels. Both countries are members of the European Union and NATO. On 13 June 1841, diplomatic relations were established.
In 2017 King Philippe an Queen mathilde were received on invitation of Queen Margherethe during a state visit. The Queen gifted Queen Mathilde with the Order of the Elephant. Crown Princess Mary received the Grand Cordon of the Order of the Crown.
Relations of the Royal House
Both families are related, and have closes contact. In 2007 Queen Mathilde was asked to be the Godmother of Princess Isabella of Denmark.
- Government of Belgium. "Belgian embassy in Copenhagen". Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Belgium). Retrieved 27 March 2011.
- Government of Denmark. "Danish embassy in Brussels, Belgium". Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Denmark). Archived from the original on 14 March 2011. Retrieved 27 March 2011.
- British and foreign state papers. 1857. p. 1405.
- "Margrethe i Belgien". B.T. (tabloid). 22 May 2002. Retrieved 27 March 2011.
- Pierre Colot (1984). History of the relations between Belgium and Denmark. Belgium. Ministère des affaires étrangères, du commerce extérieur et de la coopération au développement. p. 47.