Belgium–India relations refers to the bilateral ties between the Republic of India and the Kingdom of Belgium. India's Embassy in Brussels was opened in 1948. Belgium's embassy in New Delhi was opened in 1947. Its current complex, built in 1984, is an architectural marvel designed by Satish Gujral.
|Embassy of Belgium, New Delhi||Embassy of India, Brussels|
|Belgian Ambassador to India Francois Delhaye||Indian Ambassador to Belgium Santosh Jha|
Belgium being India's eight largest trading partner as of 2009, accounting for trade of nearly ₹ 41,552 crore. India and Belgium share the common value of "democracy, pluralism and rule of law" and Belgium has supported the G4 nations. The former deputy Prime Minister of Belgium Steven Vanackere had said that "slowly but surely" India was getting its "rightful place in global governance". He reiterated that Belgium "unequivocally" reconfirmed its support for India's bid for a permanent seat in the enlarged United Nations Security Council.
India and Belgium have strong trading links, with India being the second largest importer of and fifth largest exporter to Belgian products. In 2008, The Government of India spoke about how Belgium and India were "partners in a globalised world". In November 2017, King Phillipe and Queen Mathilde of Belgium visited India for seven days.
Apart from the Embassy of Belgium, New Delhi, The Belgian Government has further opened two Consulates-General and two Honorary Consulates: in Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata and Ahmedabad. The Mumbai Consulate General is located at Bandra-Kurla Complex, the Chennai Consulate General at Khader Nawaz Khan Road - Nungambakkam, the Kolkata Honorary Consulate at Camac Street( Abanindranath Thakur Sarani ), while the latest one, opened on April 26, 2017, is at GIFT City, Ahmedabad. Opening the Honorary Consulate made Belgium the first country to do so at India's first International Financial Services Centre(IFSC).
- "Top 10 trading partners of India". Asiancorrespondent.com. Retrieved 11 January 2018.
- "Indo-Belgium Relations". Whatisindia.com. Retrieved 11 January 2018.
- "Belgium supports India's bid for permanent seat in UNSC". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 4 May 2013. Retrieved 11 January 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 14 November 2011. Retrieved 7 May 2012.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 16 January 2013. Retrieved 7 May 2012.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Belgian royal couple arrives in India". The Times of India.
- "Consulate General in Mumbai". India.diplomatie.belgium.be. 4 December 2014. Retrieved 11 January 2018.
- "Address and opening hours". India.diplomatie.belgium.be. 3 August 2015. Retrieved 11 January 2018.
- "Honorary Consulate in Kolkata". India.diplomatie.belgium.be. 5 December 2014. Retrieved 11 January 2018.
- "Belgium opens honorary consulate in GIFT City". Thehindubusinessline.com. 26 April 2017. Retrieved 11 January 2018.
- "Embassy of India in Brussels, Belgium". Embassypages.com. Retrieved 11 January 2018.
- "Welcome to Embassy of India, Belgium, Luxembourg & European Union". Indembassy.be. Archived from the original on 20 June 2018. Retrieved 11 January 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Relations of Belgium and India.|