Belgium is the sixth-largest European importer of Pakistani goods, and the bilateral trade between the two is approaching US$600 million. During the 2010 Pakistan floods Belgium provided aid worth €4.6 million to Pakistan.
Pakistanis in Belgium
Belgium is also home to a large number of Pakistanis 19,247 (2012 official estimate). In 2007, 666 Pakistani citizens were granted Belgian citizenship, making them the highest Asian recipients of Belgian citizenship in 2007.
Pakistan diplomatic post in Belgium is important, because Brussels is the headquarters of the European Union and NATO, among many other international organisations with which Pakistan maintain close contact. Pakistan has often lobbied to gain Belgium support in establishing Pakistan-EU Free Trade agreement, as Belgium is the centre of European politics and policy making
Pakistani former president, Pervez Musharraf, has also previously extended a visit to Belgium during his tour of Europe in early 2008, which also included visits to the United Kingdom, France and Sweden. During his stay in Brussels, he met the then-Prime Minister of Belgium, Guy Verhofstadt, and the two leaders held significant talks on trade and defence co-operation.
- A Wedding - A 2016 film co-production of Belgium, Pakistan, France, and Luxembourg about forced marriages and honour killings
- Embassy of Belgium in Islamabad
- Embassy of Pakistan in Brussels, Belgium
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-07-05. Retrieved 2009-01-24.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Humanitarian aid for victims of the flooding in Pakistan, 6 August 2010". Archived from the original on 15 June 2011. Retrieved 8 January 2011.
- Urmila Goel, Belgium: Statistics on South Asians, www.urmila.de, 2007
- "Vreemdelingen die Belg werden 2003-2007 per gewest en voornaamste nationaliteiten, StatBel, MS Excel file, retrieved 11/Jan/2011". Archived from the original on 2010-11-14. Retrieved 2011-01-11.
- "Etrangers ayant obtenu la nationalité belge selon la région et les nationalités précédentes principales, 2007". Archived from the original on 2010-11-13. Retrieved 2011-01-11.
- Belgium urged to support efforts for Pak-EU FTA, Pakistan Times, Retrieved 11/Jan/2011 Archived March 13, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- "Musharraf to seek Europe's backing". The New Zealand Herald. 22 January 2008. Retrieved 10 September 2011.