Blantyre Celtic F.C.
Blantyre Celtic Football Club were a Scottish football club that played under the auspices of the Scottish Junior Football Association. Formed in 1914 as Blantyre United, they changed their name to Blantyre Celtic two years later. Their home ground was near Springwell in Blantyre and they had as local rivals Blantyre Victoria, known locally as the Vics. In many ways they were the poorer cousin, as they existed in a poorer area of the village and lacked the financial support that the Vics gained from having a large social club attached to their home ground.
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2010)
|Full name||Blantyre Celtic Football Club|
|Founded||1914 (as Blantyre United)|
|League||Lanarkshire Junior League|
Scottish Intermediate League
Central Junior League
The club reached the semi-finals of the Scottish Junior Cup three times: (1923–24, 1937–38 and 1945–46) but lost on each occasion.
Between 1982–1986, their Craighead Park ground was also used by the Glasgow Tigers speedway team as their home track.
- Lanarkshire Junior Football League winners: 1916–17
- Central Junior League winners: 1948–49
- William Blaney " Good Conduct Trophy" winners 1968
1. Players that have played/managed in the top two divisions of the Scottish Football League or any foreign equivalent to this level (i.e. fully professional league).
2. Players with full international caps.
3. Players that hold a club record or have captained the club.
- Blantyre Engineering Co. Ltd. Works, John Street, Blantyre. Oblique aerial photograph taken facing south-east, Canmore, 29 September 1950
- "Ordnance Survey 1:1250, 1944-1966". Explore georeferenced maps. National Library of Scotland. Retrieved 17 November 2018.
- "Aerial photos of Blantyre 1950: Craighead Sports Ground". Blantyre's Ain. Retrieved 17 November 2018.
- "Demise of Craighead Park, Low Blantyre". Blantyre Project. Retrieved 17 November 2018.
- http://www.speedwayplus.co.uk/CraigheadPark.shtml [bare URL]
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-23. Retrieved 2011-01-09.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)