Business for Britain
Business for Britain is a eurosceptic campaign group which seeks renegotiation of the relationship between the United Kingdom and the European Union. The campaign was founded in April 2013, by five hundred business leaders, including Phones 4u co founder John Caudwell and former Marks & Spencer chairman Stuart Rose.
|Part of a series of articles on|
Glossary of terms
|EU portal · UK portal|
The group published non peer reviewed and misleading research on the voting record of the United Kingdom in the European Parliament in 2014, called Measuring Britain’s influence in the Council of Ministers. In October 2015, the Business for Britain Board unanimously decided to support the Vote Leave Campaign.
The company was founded by Matthew Elliott who founded The TaxPayers' Alliance and Euroskeptic Big Brother Watch as well as Conservative Friends of Russia, NOtoAV campaign in the 2011 Alternative Vote referendum and In 2015, Elliot became the chief executive of Vote Leave.
The board includes business people such as Neville Baxter, Harriet Bridgeman CBE, Peter Cruddas, Robert Hiscox, Daniel Hodson, John Hoerner, Brian Kingham, Adrian McAlpine, and Jon Moynihan OBE. The campaign's chief executive is Matthew Elliott, founder and former chief executive of the right wing group, the TaxPayers' Alliance.
- Measuring Britain’s influence in the Council of Ministers (2014) PDF
- Campaign for an Independent Britain
- Conservatives for Britain
- Democracy Movement
- Grassroots Out (GO)
- Labour Leave
- Leave Means Leave
- Students for Britain
- Vote Leave
- Ben Marlow (8 November 2014). "Business leaders demand cross-party pledge on EU vote". The Telegraph.
- Joseph O'Leary (22 Jun 2016). "How often does the EU overrule British ministers?". fullfact.org. Retrieved 25 June 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Business for Britain's Support For Vote Leave". Business for Britain. Retrieved 21 December 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)[permanent dead link]
- https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/V7jPYukQs9HqUXHGPumtBaZrjMQ/appointments. Missing or empty
- theguardian.com Guardian https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/nov/04/brexit-ministers-spy-russia-uk-brexit Guardian Check
|url=value (help). Missing or empty
- "About us". businessforbritain.org. Archived from the original on 2013-04-26.