Cambridge Assessment International Education
Cambridge Assessment International Education (informally known as Cambridge International or simply Cambridge and formerly known as CIE, Cambridge International Examinations) is a provider of international qualifications, offering examinations and qualifications to 10,000 schools in more than 160 countries. It is part of the University of Cambridge.
|(University of) Cambridge International Examinations|
Cambridge Assessment International Education is a division of Cambridge Assessment, the trading name of the University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate (UCLES), founded in 1858 as a non-profit and non-teaching department of the University of Cambridge.
Cambridge Assessment offers primarily school-leaving qualifications for university entrance such as the Cambridge International General Certificate of Education – Advanced Level (Cambridge International GCE A-Levels). In addition, Cambridge Assessment provides Key Stage examinations for primary and secondary schools internationally.
Cambridge qualifications are recognized for admission by all UK universities as well as universities in the United States (Stanford and all Ivy League universities), Canada, the European Union, the Middle East, West Asia, New Zealand, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Kazakhstan as well as in other countries.
Cambridge Assessment International Education has been criticized for continuing its colonial educational practices in its literature curricula. A study showed that Cambridge Assessment privileges European male authors and consistently under-represents female authors from developing countries.
- "Cambridge Assessment – Heritage".
- "Cambridge: About".
- "Cambridge Assessment – Portrait".
- "Inside the secret location that's home to 8 million exam papers". Cambridge News. Archived from the original on 2015-09-23.
- "Who we are". Cambridge Assessment.
- "Cambridge International A-Levels". Cambridge. Retrieved 2017-10-04.
- "Cambridge International Programmes and Qualifications".
- "Cambridge International Programmes – Recognition".
- "Working with Governments". Cambridge Assessment.
- "Philanthropy". S.O.S. Children's Villages.
- "Charity". Street Child United.
- Golding, David; Kopsick, Kyle (2019-04-01). "The colonial legacy in Cambridge Assessment literature syllabi". Curriculum Perspectives. 39 (1): 7–17. doi:10.1007/s41297-018-00062-0. ISSN 2367-1793.