Carson City Mint
The Carson City Mint was a branch of the United States Mint in Carson City, Nevada. It primarily minted silver coins; however, it also minted gold coins, with a total face value in dollars nearly equal to that of its silver coins. The mint minted coins in 21 different years.
Nevada Historical Marker No. 196
|Location||600 N. Carson St.|
Carson City, Nevada
|Architect||Alfred Bult Mullett|
|NRHP reference No.||75002127|
|Added to NRHP||September 5, 1975|
The Carson City Mint was created in 1863 but was not put into operation until 1870. It ran until 1885, went on a hiatus, and resumed operations in 1889, after which it ran until 1893, when it closed permanently. It is now the Nevada State Museum, Carson City.