Chumphon railway station
Chumphon railway station is a railway station in Tha Taphao Subdistrict, Chumphon City, and is the main railway station for Chumphon Province. It is a class 1 railway station, 468.534 km (291.1 mi) from Thon Buri railway station. It is the first fueling station from Bangkok, and thus all trains going further south must stop here. Chumphon is also the site of a locomotive depot.
|Location||Nawamin Ruamjai Road, Tha Taphao Subdistrict, Chumphon City|
|Owned by||State Railway of Thailand|
On the site, there are two decommissioned locomotives:
Chumphon was the location where the two sides of the Southern Line construction met, one from Thon Buri, one from U-Taphao Junction (Hat Yai). This was completed on 17 September 1916, and services started running from Thon Buri to U-Taphao, stopping at Chumphon and Thung Song Junction for fueling and resting (at the time no services ran at night). In 1922, night services became available.
Chumphon was a water and wood refueling station for steam locomotives, as well as a place for reducing carriages going further south.
During the Second World War, Chumphon acted as a junction for the 90 km military line to Khao Fachi, Ranong, under the coordination of the Imperial Japanese Army. The line was built in December 1943. In March 1945, Allied bombings (using Consolidated B-24 Liberators) destroyed Chumphon station and the line to Khao Fachi. After the war, the Japanese requested the dismantling of the railway to prevent further Allied attacks on Japanese military bases.
Chumphon Station was rebuilt in 1948.
- Special Express 43/44 Bangkok-Surat Thani-Bangkok
- Special Express 35/36 Bangkok-Butterworth-Bangkok
- Special Express 37/38 Bangkok-Sungai Kolok-Bangkok
- Rapid 171/172 Bangkok-Sungai Kolok-Bangkok
- Rapid 169/170 Bangkok-Yala-Bangkok
- Express 83/84 Bangkok-Trang-Bangkok
- Rapid 173/174 Bangkok-Nakhon Si Thammarat-Bangkok
- Rapid 167/168 Bangkok-Kantang-Bangkok
- Express 85/86 Bangkok-Nakhon Si Thammarat-Bangkok
- Special Express 39/40 Bangkok-Surat Thani-Bangkok
- Special Express 41/42 Bangkok-Yala-Bangkok
- Ordinary 254/255 Lang Suan-Thon Buri-Lang Suan
- Rapid 177/178 Thon Buri-Lang Suan-Thon Buri
- Local 445/446 Chumphon-Hat Yai Junction-Chumphon
- "(untitled)". State Railway of Thailand. Archived from the original on September 27, 2007.
- "๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝยช๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝสถาน๏ฟฝรถ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝะท๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝุดรถ ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ" (in Thai). Archived from the original on 26 October 2009.
- "สถานีรถไฟและสถาปัตยกรรมสำคัญเกี่ยวกับรถไฟไทย". Rotfaithai forums. 5 July 2007.
- 高田隆雄 (1978). タイ国の蒸気機関車. エリエイ出版部.[page needed]
- 岡本和之 (1993). タイ鉄道旅行. めこん. ISBN 4-8396-0080-5.[page needed]
- 杉本聖一 (2000). 魅惑のタイ鉄道. 玉川新聞社. ISBN 4-924882-29-1.[page needed]
- 柿崎一郎 (2010). 王国の鉄路 タイ鉄道の歴史. 京都大学学術出版会. ISBN 978-4-87698-848-8.[page needed]
- 渡邉乙弘 (2013). タイ国鉄4000キロの旅. 文芸社. ISBN 978-4-286-13041-5.[page needed]