Congregation of Our Lady of Charity of the Good Shepherd
The Congregation of Our Lady of Charity of the Good Shepherd, also known as the Sisters of the Good Shepherd, is a Catholic religious order that was founded in 1835 by Mary Euphrasia Pelletier in Angers, France. The religious sisters belong to a Catholic international congregation of religious women dedicated to promoting the welfare of women and girls.
Congregationis Sororum a Bono Pastore
|Abbreviation||Religious of the Good Shepherd (RGS)|
|Founder||Mary Euphrasia Pelletier|
|Type||Catholic religious order|
|Headquarters||Via Raffaello Sardiello, 20|
00165 Rome, Italy
The Congregation has a representative at the United Nations, and has spoken out against human trafficking. In several countries laundries and other institutions that were run by the Sisters have been found to have incarcerated young girls, forcing them to do unpaid industrial work, with much mistreatment.