Derek Hopwood OBE (d. 23 March 2020) was an Emeritus Fellow of St Antony's College, Oxford, and University Reader in Modern Middle Eastern Studies. Hopwood was the founding president Middle East Libraries Committee, a post which he kept until 1990. He was holder of the RISMES Award (2003) for Services to Middle Eastern Studies in Britain. He held visiting professorships at several international Universities, such as University of Provence, University of Khartoum, Ain Shams University, and Pennsylvania. He was also for several years director of the Middle East Centre (MEC) at St Antony's College.
- Islam's Renewal: Reform or Revolt? (2018)
- Sexual Encounters in the Middle East: The British, the French and the Arabs (1999)
- Habib Bourguiba of Tunisia: The Tragedy of Longevity (1992)
- Egypt, Politics and Society, 1945–1990 (3rd edition 1991)
- Tales of Empire: The British in the Middle East (1989)
- Syria, 1945–1986: Politics and Society (1988)
- British Images of the Arabs (1980)
- The Russian Presence in Syria and Palestine, 1843-1914: Church and Politics in the Near East (1969)
- St Anthony's College Record 2007 p.5 Emeritus fellows.Archived 2010-05-08 at the Wayback Machine Retrieved 5 December 2010
- https://www.sant.ox.ac.uk/about/news/dr-derek-hopwood-obe-27-june-1933-23-march-2020 Obituary, St. Anthony's College website
- Hopwood, Derek (10 February 2003). "Iraq: Conflict in Context". BBC. Retrieved 5 December 2010.
- St Anthony's College newsletter, Spring 2007 (10 April 2007), p.2 The Warden Archived 6 September 2011 at the Wayback Machine Retrieved 5 December 2010
- St Anthony's College, Oxford: news Archived 2011-09-06 at the Wayback Machine Retrieved 5 December 2010
- MELCOM International, Middle East Libraries Committee Archived 2010-09-11 at the Wayback Machine Retrieved 5 December 2010
- BRISMES: awards Retrieved 5 December 2010