East Fife (UK Parliament constituency)

East Fife was a county constituency represented in the House of Commons of the Parliament of the United Kingdom from 1885-1983. Along with West Fife, it was formed by splitting the old Fife constituency.

East Fife
Former County constituency
for the House of Commons
Subdivisions of ScotlandFife
18851983
Number of membersOne
Replaced byNorth East Fife and Central Fife[1]
Created fromFife and (from 1918) St Andrews Burghs

It elected one Member of Parliament using the first-past-the-post voting system, and from 1886 to 1918 it was represented by the Liberal Prime Minister (1908–16), H. H. Asquith.