Edmonton (provincial electoral district)
The Edmonton provincial electoral district also known as Edmonton City from 1905 to 1909, was a provincial electoral district in Alberta, Canada mandated to return members to the Legislative Assembly of Alberta from 1905 to 1917 and again from 1921 to 1959.
|Alberta electoral district|
|Defunct provincial electoral district|
|Legislature||Legislative Assembly of Alberta|
The Edmonton electoral district existed in two incarnations from 1905 - 1909 and again from 1921 - 1955, with the city (small as it was in former times) broken up into multiple constituencies in the other time-periods. The district was created when Alberta became a province, to encompass residents of the city of Edmonton on the northside of the North Saskatchewan River. The Edmonton district was extended to the southside of the river in 1921, By that time, the southside City of Strathcona had merged into the City of Edmonton.
From 1921 to 1956, the Edmonton provincial constituency elected multiple members. In the province's history, there were three multi-member districts, the other ones being Calgary and Medicine Hat.