|Date of birth||2 November 1993|
|Place of birth||Milan, Italy|
|Height||1.93 m (6 ft 4 in)|
|2013–2014||→ Pisa (loan)||33||(2)|
|2014–2015||→ Perugia (loan)||36||(4)|
|2018–2019||→ Frosinone (loan)||29||(1)|
|2019–2021||→ Genoa (loan)||38||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 09:19, 14 June 2021 (UTC)|
Pizzighettone & Palermo
Born in Milan, Goldaniga began his career when he was signed by Pizzighettone as a youth. He made his senior debut for the club in a Serie D league match in 2010. After eventually racking up more than 60 appearances for the club, he was subsequently noted by scouts from Serie A club Palermo, who agreed to sign him in July 2012. Initially joining the first team's pre-season camp, Goldaniga was then included into the Primavera under-20 squad, where he spent the 2012–13 season.
Pisa (loan), Juventus & Perugia (loan)
In July 2013 he was loaned out to Lega Pro Prima Divisione club Pisa in order to gain regular first team experience. His impressive performances in the first half of the 2013–14 season won him interest from defending Serie A champions Juventus, who acquired 50% of the player's transfer rights in January 2014 on a co-ownership basis from Palermo (in a cashless swap with Eric Lanini). He remained with Pisa for the entirety of the 2013–14 Lega Pro Prima Divisione helping the team to a 6th-place finish in Group B and a spot in promotion play-off. Goldaniga featured in all 33 matches for the club as a starter, scoring two goals, although Pisa eventually lost out in their hopes for promotion following a 2–1 aggregate defeat to Frosinone in the semi-finals. Upon the conclusion of the loan agreement, Goldaniga returned to Juventus on 30 June 2014, after the club renewal of the co-ownership agreement.
After officially joining Juventus for the first time on 1 July 2014, Goldaniga was instantaneously sent out on a season-long loan deal to newly promoted Serie B side Perugia, who were promoted from the Lega Pro Prima Divisione as Group B champions.
Return to Palermo
After a great season in Serie B, Goldaniga re-joined Palermo who announced they had resolved co-ownership of the player with Juventus.
He, along with Palermo goalkeeper Leonardo Marson, signed for Sassuolo on 29 July 2017.
Loan to Frosinone
On 15 July 2018, Goldaniga signed with Frosinone on loan until 30 June 2019.
Loan to Genoa
On 2 September 2019, he joined Genoa on a season-long loan with option to buy. On 16 September 2020, the loan was renewed for an additional season.
Goldaniga is part of the Italy U21 squad since April 2014, selected by coach Luigi Di Biagio, with whom he made his debut on 4 June 2014 in a friendly match against Montenegro. He has also featured for the Italy U20 squad on three occasions.
- As of match played 23 May 2021
|Pisa (loan)||2013–14||Lega Pro||30||1||0||0||—||3||1||33||2|
|Perugia (loan)||2014–15||Serie B||35||3||2||0||—||1||1||38||4|
|Frosinone (loan)||2018–19||Serie A||29||1||1||0||—||—||30||1|
|Genoa (loan)||2019–20||Serie A||13||1||1||0||—||—||14||1|
- "Edoardo Goldaniga". FIGC.it. Retrieved 11 June 2014.
- "La favola di Edoardo Goldaniga: dalla D alla Juventus, all'Under 21, passando per il Pisa" (in Italian). Pisa Informa. 26 April 2014. Archived from the original on 14 July 2014. Retrieved 11 June 2014.
- "Risoluzioni di comproprietà di sette giocatori" (in Italian). Juventus F.C. 18 June 2014. Retrieved 8 October 2016.
- "Consegnate le liste definitive per il campionato 2014-2015" (in Italian). A.C. Perugia Calcio. 4 September 2014. Retrieved 8 October 2016.
- "Calciomercato Palermo: arriva Viviani, si complica la pista Bjarnason "Calciomercato Palermo: arriva Viviani, si complica la pista Bjarnason"". Palermo Today (in Italian). 25 June 2015. Retrieved 13 December 2015.
- "GOLDANIGA E MARSON CEDUTI AL SASSUOLO". U.S. Citta' di Palermo (in Italian). 29 July 2017. Archived from the original on 31 July 2017. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- "Goldaniga on loan to Frosinone". Retrieved 15 July 2018.
- "'MARTELLO' IN DIFESA, EDOARDO GOLDANIGA" (Press release) (in Italian). Genoa. 2 September 2019.
- "UFFICIALE – Sassuolo, ceduto Goldaniga al Genoa: il comunicato" (Press release) (in Italian). Corriere dello Sport – Stadio. 16 September 2020.
- "UFFICIALE: Genoa scatenato, Goldaniga in prestito dal Sassuolo per la difesa".
- "ESCLUSIVA TB - Palermo, Goldaniga brilla in Under 21. Lo vogliono Spezia e Latina". Tutto B. 4 June 2014. Retrieved 11 June 2014.