|Member of the European Parliament|
for East Midlands
4 June 2009 – 1 July 2019
|Preceded by||Chris Heaton-Harris|
|Born||9 October 1978|
Stroud, Gloucestershire, England
|Alma mater||Bournemouth University.|
Early life and education
McClarkin worked as a government relations executive for the Rugby Football Union.
In May 2009, McClarkin was one of five candidates elected to the European Parliament from the East Midlands Region. She was at that time the youngest elected member. She was re-elected in 2014.
She has sat on a number of European Parliament Committees and delegations, including the Committee on International Trade, the Committee on Culture and Education and the Delegation for Relations with the United States.
In September 2019 McClarkin was appointed as chief executive of the British Beer and Pub Association (BBPA).
- Shehab Khan (23 November 2016). EU to vote on motion that could delay Canadian trade deal CETA 'for years'. The Independent. Accessed April 2017.
- [s.n.] (12 June 2009). Meet your new Euro-MPs. Hucknall Dispatch.
- Marie Williamson (19 August 2009). Emma tackles the issues. Sleaford Target. Accessed August 2009.
- Emma McClarkin: History of parliamentary service. European Parliament. Accessed April 2017.
- [s.n.] (30 September). Who is the new BBPA boss?. Morning Advertiser 30 September 2019.