European Parliament Committee on Agriculture and Rural Development
The Committee on Agriculture and Rural Development (AGRI) is a committee of the European Parliament.
Responsibilities of the Committee
AGRI is the European Parliament committee responsible for:
- The operation and development of the Common Agricultural Policy
- Rural development (including the activities of the relevant financial instruments)
- Legislation on:
- Veterinary and plant-health matters, animal feedingstuffs provided such measures are not intended to protect against risks to human health
- Animal husbandry and welfare
- Improvements in the quality of agricultural products
- Supplies of raw materials for agriculture
- The Community Plant Variety Office
Members, 8th Parliament
|European People's Party||Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats||European Conservatives and Reformists||Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe|
|European United Left–Nordic Green Left||The Greens–European Free Alliance||Europe of Freedom and Direct Democracy||Non-Inscrits|
The Committee is directly supported by a research service, the Policy Department for Structural & Cohesion Policies. Most of its research studies and briefings are published online. The research reports do not necessarily reflect the view of the Committee.
Recent publications (as of September 2018):
The service also publishes a regular current awareness bulletin on research, documents and news in the fields of agriculture and rural development, titled 'Research for AGRI : News'. Recent editions can be found here on the 'Research for AGRI Committee' site.