Infobase Publishing is an American publisher of reference book titles and textbooks geared towards the North American library, secondary school, and university-level curriculum markets. Infobase operates a number of prominent imprints, including Facts On File, Films for the Humanities & Sciences, Cambridge Educational, Chelsea House (which also serves as the imprint for the special collection series, "Bloom's Literary Criticism" under the direction of literary critic Harold Bloom), and Ferguson Publishing.
|Country of origin||United States|
|Owner(s)||Centre Lane Partners|
The private equity firm Veronis Suhler Stevenson bought Facts on File and Chelsea House in 2005. Infobase bought Films for the Humanities & Sciences in 2007 and the World Almanac in 2009. In 2017, Infobase acquired The Mailbox lesson plans and Learning magazine. Veronis Suhler Stevenson sold Infobase to another private equity firm, Centre Lane Partners, in 2018.
Facts On File has been publishing books since 1941. It was owned by CCH from 1965 to 1993. The publisher publishes general reference and trade books. Facts On File acquired Ferguson Publishing, which specializes in career education works, in 2003.
- Facts On File
- Films for the Humanities & Sciences
- Cambridge Educational
- Chelsea House Publishing
- Bloom's Literary Criticism
- World Almanac
- Ferguson Publishing
- "Berkery, Noyes & Co. advises Exeter Capital Partners on the sale of Facts on File to Veronis Suhler Stevenson". Retrieved 2014-08-23.
- "News Briefs". PublishersWeekly.com. Retrieved 2014-09-06.
- "Infobase Buys Films Media Group". Library Journal. Retrieved 2014-08-23.
- "Infobase Announces Acquisition of The Mailbox | Infobase". Retrieved 2018-10-16.
- CNBC (2018-01-08). "Centre Lane Partners Acquires Infobase from VSS". Retrieved 2018-10-16.
- "About Facts on File". FOFWeb. United States: Facts on File. Archived from the original on 2018-06-12. Retrieved June 25, 2017.
- "Facts on File sold by CCH". Publishers Weekly. 1993-04-19. Retrieved 2019-10-15.
- "Facts on File, Inc". PublishersGlobal. Calgary: Impello Inc. Retrieved June 25, 2017.
- "Facts on File Buys Ferguson Publishing". PublishersWeekly.com. Retrieved 2021-03-06.
- "Haights Cross Completes Three Purchases". PublishersWeekly.com. Retrieved 2019-10-15.