The Fagus Factory (German: Fagus Fabrik or Fagus Werk), a shoe last factory in Alfeld on the Leine, Lower Saxony, Germany, is an important example of early modern architecture. Commissioned by owner Carl Benscheidt who wanted a radical structure to express the company's break from the past, the factory was designed by Walter Gropius and Adolf Meyer. It was constructed between 1911 and 1913, with additions and interiors completed in 1925.
|UNESCO World Heritage Site|
|Location||Alfeld, Lower Saxony, Germany|
|Criteria||Cultural: (ii), (iv)|
|Inscription||2011 (35th Session)|
|Area||1.88 ha (4.6 acres)|
|Buffer zone||18.89 ha (46.7 acres)|