Festival del Viaggio
The Festival del Viaggio (in English: Travel festival) is an annual cultural festival held each June in Florence, Viareggio or Palermo (Italy). The festival features a vast array of conferences, exhibitions, concerts, movies, and documentaries about traveling. It also organizes workshops on writing and photography about travel, in collaborations with the University of Pisa and the province of Florence. It was the first of its kind in Italy.
The festival was founded in 2006 by writer Alessandro Agostinelli, who is the current director.
In 2009 Festival del Viaggio won the "Brand New Italian Festival Award" in Bologna. In 2010 the festival presented a walk in the Florentine sky: the tightrope walker Andrea Loreni walked on the wire 50 meters high over Piazza della Signoria, entering into the Palazzo Vecchio. In 2011 festival organized a photo contest about honeymoons all over the world, in collaborations with the weekly magazine L'Espresso and the daily newspaper La Repubblica. In 2018 the Festival del Viaggio conceived and realized the plan of the 'Passeggiata Jodorowski', a walk at dawn amongst the most important Florentine monuments going always straight and never turning (inspired by Alejandro Jodorowski's idea). In September 2019 Viareggio was chosen as an additional seat.
The following people were involved to describe their experience as travellers
- Alessandro Benvenuti
- Giulio Borrelli
- Vinicio Capossela
- Franco Cardini
- Paolo Crepet
- Marcella Croce
- Philippe Daverio
- Tiziano Fratus
- Wlodek Goldkorn
- Lucia Goracci
- Paolo Hendel
- Annet Henneman
- Marino Magliani
- Dacia Maraini
- Paolo Migone
- Luigi Nacci
- Riccardo Onori
- David Riondino
- Patrizio Roversi
- Beppe Severgnini
- Sergio Staino
- Elena Torre
- Giorgio Van Straten
- Marco Vichi
- Sergey Yastrzhembsky
- The Mayor of Palermo, Leoluca Orlando at Festival del Viaggi 2018 in Villa Niscemi, Palermo
- "El Viajero 2017" (pdf) (in Spanish). El País. 13 February 2017. p. 112.
- "Il mondo degli sciamani, via al Festival del viaggio" (in Italian). La Repubblica. 13 June 2014. Retrieved 28 December 2019.
- Eberle, Janine; George, Don. Come diventare scrittore di viaggio (in Italian). EDT. ISBN 9788859254416.
- Agostinelli, Alessandro (5 June 2016). "Festival del Viaggio". L'Espresso (in Italian). Retrieved 27 January 2019.
- "A Firenze il Festival del Viaggio" (in Italian). ANSA. 3 June 2010. Retrieved 26 January 2019.
- "Viaggi una tre giorni di trekking urbano". La Repubblica (in Italian). 27 February 2013. Retrieved 26 January 2019.
- Berti, Elisabetta (8 June 2016). "Giorno e notte 8 giugno, gli appuntamenti a Firenze e in Toscana". La Repubblica (in Italian). Retrieved 26 January 2019.
- "Alessandro Agostinelli racconta Lascia o Raddoppia" (in Italian). RAI. 27 January 2011. Retrieved 28 January 2019.
- "Festival of Festivals Awards: i vincitori toscani" (in Italian). 9 November 2009. Retrieved 26 January 2019.
- "Passeggiando in piazza Signoria. Sull'aria". Corriere Fiorentino (in Italian). June 2010. Retrieved 26 January 2019.
- "Viaggi di nozze: e il tuo com'era?". L'Espresso (in Italian). 22 July 2011. Retrieved 26 January 2019.
- "Festival del Viaggio all'insegna del cibo e delle passeggiate" (in Italian). 28 May 2018. Retrieved 26 January 2019.
- "Festival del Viaggio a Viareggio. Dall'11 al 15 settembre. Da Hendel a Crepet gli ospiti" (in Italian). ANSA. 9 September 2019. Retrieved 26 September 2019.
- Simone, Dinelli (11 September 2019). "Sì viaggiare (a villa Paolina)". Corriere Fiorentino (in Italian). Retrieved 20 January 2019.
- "Si conclude il Festival del Viaggio Liberty, "scalzeggiata" e poesia" (in Italian). La Nazione. 26 September 2020. Retrieved 26 September 2020.
- "La cultura e il piacere del viaggio. In Versilia il festival all'aria aperta" (in Italian). Il Tirreno. 18 September 2020. p. 48.