Fireman's Hall (Alfred, New York)
Fireman's Hall is a historic fire hall located at Alfred in Allegany County, New York. It was built in 1890-1891 by volunteer firemen as the first home of the A.E. Crandall Hook & Ladder Co. It is a massive three story brick and sandstone structure that features an imposing bell / clock tower. The clock, designed by Seth Thomas, was donated by the Samuel Stillman family after the Village ran out of funds for the hall. The weather vane atop depicts a firefighter on a ladder. The building has housed village offices since the 1970s, as well as village court, police station and meeting hall today.
|Location||7 W. University St., Alfred, New York|
|Area||0.7 acres (0.28 ha)|
|Architect||A.E. Crandall Hook & Ladder Co.|
|NRHP reference No.||80004275|
|Added to NRHP||March 18, 1980|
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.