Flag of Aargau

The flag of Aargau was adopted in 1803 by Samuel Ringier-Seelmatter.

Flag of Aargau

The flag is divided into two parts:

  • The left side is black with a central wavy band. This symbolises the fertile grounds of Aargau, through which flows the Aare, the Reuss, and the Limmat.
  • The right side is light blue with three five-pointed stars. This symbolizes the three major regions that make up the Canton: County of Baden, Fricktal and The Free Bailies.

Share this article:

This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Flag of Aargau, and is written by contributors. Text is available under a CC BY-SA 4.0 International License; additional terms may apply. Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.