Fulton County, Georgia

Fulton County is located in the north-central portion of the U.S. state of Georgia. As of the 2020 United States census, the population was 1,066,710,[1] making it the state's most-populous county and its only one with over one million inhabitants.[2] Its county seat and largest city is Atlanta,[3] the state capital. Approximately 90% of the City of Atlanta is within Fulton County; the other 10% lies within DeKalb County. Fulton County is part of the Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Roswell, GA Metropolitan Statistical Area.

Fulton County
Atlanta's Fulton County Courthouse in 2011
Atlanta's Fulton County Courthouse in 2011
Flag of Fulton County
Map of Georgia highlighting Fulton County
Location within the U.S. state of Georgia
Map of the United States highlighting Georgia
Georgia's location within the U.S.
Coordinates: 33°47′N 84°28′W
Country United States
State Georgia
FoundedDecember 20, 1853; 170 years ago (1853)
Named forRobert Fulton
Largest cityAtlanta
  Total534 sq mi (1,380 km2)
  Land527 sq mi (1,360 km2)
  Water7.7 sq mi (20 km2)  1.4%%
  Total1,066,710 Increase
  Density2,000/sq mi (800/km2)
Time zoneUTC−5 (Eastern)
  Summer (DST)UTC−4 (EDT)
Congressional districts5th, 6th, 11th, 13th

Share this article:

This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Fulton County, Georgia, and is written by contributors. Text is available under a CC BY-SA 4.0 International License; additional terms may apply. Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.