Gibraltar Study Circle
The Gibraltar Study Circle exists to study the stamps and postal history of Gibraltar, a British overseas territory located at the entrance to the Mediterranean Sea overlooking the Strait of Gibraltar.
The circle was founded in 1975 by Walter (Wally) Jackson and is based in the United Kingdom but with worldwide members.
A journal, The Rock, has been published since 1975.
The circle is not to be confused with the Gibraltar Philatelic Society which is based in Gibraltar itself.
Selected circle publications
- Gibraltar Postal Stationery by Walter (Wally) Jackson, 1977.
- British Post Offices and Agencies in Morocco 1857-1898 by Dr. R.K. Clough, 1978.
- Gibraltar First Day Covers by R.H. Neville, 1984.
- Gibraltar: The postal history and postage stamps. Volume 1 To 1885 by Geoffrey Osborn, 1995.
- Gibraltar Errors & Varieties 1885-2000 by R.G.W. Burton, 2001.
- Gibraltar: Collecting King George VI by Edmund Chambers, 2005. ISBN 0-9509947-4-X
- Gibraltar: The postal history and postage stamps. Volume 4 Gibraltar Postal Stationery by Eric D. Holmes & Robert H. Neville, second edition, 2006. ISBN 0-9509947-7-4