Glebe (also known as church furlong, rectory manor or parson's close(s))[1][2] is an area of land within an ecclesiastical parish used to support a parish priest. The land may be owned by the church, or its profits may be reserved to the church.

Conjectural map of a medieval manor. The method of "strip farming" was in use under the open field system. The mustard-coloured areas are part of the demesne, the hatched areas part of the glebe. The manor house, residence of the lord, can be seen in the mid-southern part of the manor, near the parish church and parsonage