Glentanner Aerodrome (IATA: GTN, ICAO: NZGT) is an aerodrome located at the north west end of Lake Pukaki in New Zealand. From 1987 onwards to their demise Newmans Air operated Dash-7 aircraft into Glentanner from Christchurch and Queenstown.
|Operator||Mr R K Ivey, Glentanner Station|
|Elevation AMSL||1,824 ft / 556 m|
Formerly used as a standby airport for Mount Cook Airlines if the Mount Cook Airport was closed due to inclement weather. Paved and capable of handling aircraft up to Hawker Siddeley HS748 size. A small bus transfer terminal with a couple of baggage trolleys were based at the strip.
Air Safaris operates sightseeing flights at this aerodrome.
- RWY 15 Left hand
- RWY 33 Right hand
- Stock graze occasionally, pilots check status.
- Severe turbulence may be encountered in strong winds
- VFR operations may be subject to special procedures.
- History of Mt Cook Airlines/pub1990
- NZAIP Volume 4 AD
- Airport information for NZGT at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.