Gobo (recording)

Gobo is a sound recording term for a movable acoustic isolation panel. In typical use, a recording engineer might put a gobo between two musicians to increase the isolation of their microphones from each other.

The origin of the term "gobo" is obscure, but is most likely short for "go-between." The gobo was invented by Charles Norris Hoyle, and was originally a product of TayTrix.