HGTV (Canadian TV channel)

HGTV is a Canadian English-language Category A cable and satellite specialty channel owned as a joint venture between Corus Entertainment (which serves as managing partner and owns 80.24% majority control through licensee HGTV Canada, Inc.) and Warner Bros. Discovery (which owns the remaining 19.76%).[1] HGTV broadcasts programs relating to real estate, home and garden design, and renovations.

HGTV
CountryCanada
Broadcast areaNationwide
HeadquartersToronto, Ontario
Programming
Language(s)English
Picture format1080i (HDTV)
480i (SDTV)
Ownership
OwnerCorus Entertainment (80.24%, managing partner)
(HGTV Canada, Inc.)
Warner Bros. Discovery (19.76%)
Sister channels
History
LaunchedOctober 17, 1997; 24 years ago (1997-10-17)
Links
WebsiteHGTV Canada
Availability
Streaming media
StackTVInternet Protocol television
RiverTVChannel 13 (HD)

The network's programming draws partially from the U.S. version of the channel, but it also carries original Canadian-produced series, some of which have in turn also been picked up for broadcast by the U.S. network or others internationally, as well as a smaller selection of home renovation programming acquired from other channels in the United States or the United Kingdom.


Share this article:

This article uses material from the Wikipedia article HGTV (Canadian TV channel), and is written by contributors. Text is available under a CC BY-SA 4.0 International License; additional terms may apply. Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.