Hammersmith & Chiswick railway station

Hammersmith & Chiswick was a railway terminus in west London that was opened in 1858 by the North & South Western Junction Railway and closed in 1917, during the First World War.

Hammersmith & Chiswick
Map of station, 1894
Hammersmith & Chiswick
Location of Hammersmith & Chiswick in Greater London
LocationChiswick
OwnerNorth & South Western Junction Railway
Number of platforms1
Key dates
8 April 1858 (1858-04-08)Opened as Hammersmith
1 July 1880Renamed Hammersmith & Chiswick
1 January 1917 (1917-01-01)Closed to Passengers
3 May 1965Closed Completely
Replaced byStamford Brook
Other information
WGS84
 London transport portal

Originally named Hammersmith but renamed Hammersmith & Chiswick in 1880,[1] the station was located midway between Chiswick and Hammersmith and was intended to serve both areas.


Share this article:

This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Hammersmith & Chiswick railway station, and is written by contributors. Text is available under a CC BY-SA 4.0 International License; additional terms may apply. Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.