Haverstock School (formerly Haverstock Comprehensive School), is a comprehensive school on Haverstock Hill in Haverstock, London, England, for students aged 11 to 18. It is located opposite Chalk Farm Underground station, and bounded by Prince of Wales Road and Crogsland Road.
This article or section appears to be slanted towards recent events. (February 2019)
24 Haverstock Hill
|Department for Education URN||100049 Tables|
|Head teacher||James Hadley|
|Age||11 to 18|
A new headteacher, James Hadley, was recruited at the start of the academic year 2017–18. Many changes were implemented with a renewed focus on academic standards and attendance, with the support of staff and students. As a result, in August 2018 Haverstock School reported the best results at both GCSE and A Level in the history of the school.
- John Barnes – England football international
- Tom Bentley – Politician and author
- Joe Cole – England football international
- Tulisa Contostavlos, Dino Contostavlos and Richard Rawson – N-Dubz group members
- John Duffy and David Mulcahy – rapists and serial-killers
- Julian Doyle – film-maker
- Jermaine Eluemunor – American football player for the New England Patriots
- Michael Gothard – actor
- Marlon Harewood – Footballer
- Nelufar Hedayat – presenter
- Zoë Heller – journalist and Booker-prize shortlisted novelist.
- Oona King – Labour politician
- Steve McFadden – actor
- David Miliband – Former Labour Party politician, former Foreign Secretary
- Ed Miliband – Former Leader of the Labour Party
- Charlie Sloth – DJ and radio presenter
- Ben Wheatley – Film Director
- Daniel Woodgate – Drummer for English Ska band Madness
- "School details", Department for Education, 19 Sep 2013. Retrieved 17 November 2013
- "State of the art school unveiled". Camden Council. 27 February 2006. Retrieved 17 November 2013.
- "Results day relief for GCSE students". Camden New Journal. Retrieved 23 January 2019.
- "Why do some schools produce clusters of celebrities?". BBC News. 6 May 2011. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- "Tony Parsons on Ed Miliband: I have seen his old comprehensive - and it shows why he is right to start a class war"
- https://www.patriots.com/team/players-roster/jermaine-eluemunor/. Missing or empty
- Meet the new boy The Guardian, 4 June 2002
- "Review music: Bring Charlie Sloth | Web show | Haverstock school pupil | hip-hop". www.thecnj.com. Retrieved 22 November 2020.