Hayden Jonathan Shaw (born 31 August 1980) is a field hockey player from New Zealand.
|Full name||Hayden Jonathan Shaw|
|Born|| (1980-08-31) 31 August 1980 (age 40)|
Christchurch, New Zealand
Shaw was born in Christchurch. He earned his first cap for the national team, nicknamed The Black Sticks, in 2002 against Australia. Shaw was often involved in penalty corner routines performing drag flicks. As a result, he was top scorer with 13 goals at the 2002 Commonwealth Games whilst winning a silver medal with the national team. After the 2006 Men's Hockey World Cup, Shaw was selected for the World Cup All Star team.
He has played club hockey for HC 's-Hertogenbosch in the Netherlands. Shaw also played first-class cricket for Canterbury. He now works as a teacher at Pleasant Point Primary School in South Canterbury, having started in January 2019.
International senior tournaments
- 2002 – World Cup
- 2002 – Commonwealth Games
- 2003 – Sultan Azlan Shah Cup
- 2003 – Champions Challenge
- 2004 – Olympic Qualifying Tournament
- 2004 – Olympic Games
- 2006 – Commonwealth Games
- 2006 – World Cup
- 2007 – Champions Challenge
- 2008 – Olympic Games
- 2010 – Commonwealth Games
- "Hayden Shaw". Cricinfo.
- "Hayden Shaw – Deputy Principal – Pleasant Point Primary School". LinkedIn. Retrieved 17 January 2020.