Heathrow Central bus station
Heathrow Central bus station is a large bus station that serves terminals 2 and 3 of Heathrow Airport, in London, England. It provides urban bus and long-distance coach services to destinations in London and to regional destinations across Britain. It is the UK's busiest bus and coach station with over 1,600 services each day to over 1,000 destinations. An estimated 13% of air passengers using Heathrow Airport use bus and coach services from Heathrow Central bus station.
London Borough of Hillingdon
|Owned by||Heathrow Airport Holdings|
|Operated by||National Express|
Abellio London, London General, London United and Metroline, operate local bus services from stands 18 and 19 on behalf of Transport for London from Heathrow Central as far as Uxbridge, Ruislip, Harrow, Greenford, Hounslow, Kingston and Croydon. A night bus operates into Central London.
First Berkshire, Arriva Shires & Essex, Carousel Buses and Diamond South East operate bus services from stand 20 to destinations including Maidenhead, Slough, High Wycombe, Whitley Village, Watford, St Albans and Harlow.
Long distance coach services by National Express, Megabus, First Berkshire (RailAir) and The Airline operate from stands 6 to 17 connecting with other airports, main towns and cities across the United Kingdom.
Heathrow Central bus station is situated directly above Heathrow Terminals 2 & 3 tube station on the Piccadilly line of London Underground linked by escalators and lifts. It is also linked by underground walkways to Heathrow Central railway station, which is served by Tfl Rail and Heathrow Express. Both these stations provide direct rail links with Central London. In future, TfL Rail services will become part of the Elizabeth line, currently under construction.
Access to terminals
Heathrow Central bus station is open 24 hours a day and it is connected to Terminals 2 and 3 via underground walkways.
Air passengers travelling through Terminals 4 and 5 can use the rail and Heathrow Express services free of charge within the Heathrow free travel zone to reach Heathrow Central stations and change to the bus station. A travel centre at the central bus station provides travel information.
- "Services - 120558-2018 - TED Tenders Electronic Daily". ted.europa.eu. Retrieved 17 December 2019.
- Blow, Christopher (2012). Transport Terminals and Modal Interchanges. Routledge. p. 103. ISBN 9781136352300. Retrieved 12 July 2019.
- "Buses from Heathrow Terminals 2 & 3" (PDF). Transport for London. 2019.
- "Coaches | Heathrow". Heathrow Airport. Retrieved 4 January 2020.
- "Heathrow Transport - Rail, Coach and Bus". Heathrow Airport. Retrieved 20 January 2010.
- "Heathrow Airport Central Bus Station | National Express". www.nationalexpress.com. Retrieved 4 January 2020.