Helen Alice Bower-Easton CBE (born 1978) is a British civil servant. She is Director of Communication at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
Helen Bower was born in Birmingham, the daughter of John and Diana Bower. She was educated at Edgbaston High School for Girls and Cardiff University, graduating in 2001 with a BA in Economics and EU Studies with French and Italian.
Bower entered the Civil Service in 2003. In June 2015 she was appointed Official Spokesperson to the Prime Minister, the first woman to be appointed to the post. In August 2016 she was awarded a CBE in David Cameron's resignation honours list. In September 2016 the Evening Standard included her in its list of London's 1,000 most influential people. In December 2016 she left No. 10 to take up the job of Director of Communications at the Foreign Office.
- Helen Bower-Easton CBE, gov.uk. Accessed 15 November 2020.
- [Anon.] (2020). "Bower-Easton, Helen Alice". Who's Who. ukwhoswho.com. A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc. doi:10.1093/ww/9780199540884.013.U287895. (subscription or UK public library membership required)
- "New Prime Minister's Official Spokesperson announced". gov.uk. 29 May 2015.
- Theresa May's spokesperson Helen Bower-Easton to head up comms at the Foreign Office, Civil Service World, 20 December 2016. Accessed 15 November 2020.
- The Progress 1000: London's most influential people 2016 - Westminster, Evening Standard, 7 September 2016. Accessed 15 November 2020.