Holy Trinity Monastery (Jordanville, New York)
Holy Trinity Monastery (Russian: Свя́то-Тро́ицкий монасты́рь, Svyato-Troitsky Monastyr) is a male stavropegial monastery of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR), located near Jordanville, New York. Founded in 1930 by two Russian immigrants, it eventually became a main spiritual center of Russian Orthodoxy in the West. The monastery is well known for its publishing work and for the attached Holy Trinity Orthodox Seminary, which has educated many clergymen in ROCOR and other Orthodox jurisdictions. Due to their closeness to the hamlet, both the monastery and seminary are often simply referred to as Jordanville. The monastery is dedicated to the Holy Trinity, and its patronal feast day is Pentecost. The campus includes a museum that is open to the public.
Holy Trinity Monastery
|Nearest city||1407 Robinson Road, Jordanville, New York|
|Area||750 acres (300 ha)|
|Architect||R.N. Verkovsky (Main Church), Dimitri Blachev (Chapel by the Lake)|
|NRHP reference No.||09000286|
|Added to NRHP||June 23, 2011|