Hope Valley Reservoir
|Hope Valley Reservoir|
|Surface area||0.52 km2 (0.20 sq mi)|
|Water volume||2.84 GL (100×106 cu ft)|
When completed in 1873 it was the second reservoir constructed in Adelaide; it is the oldest still in use in South Australia. It covers 52 hectares (128 acres) and is retained behind a 950-metre (3,117 ft) long clay-cored earth wall. Water is transferred from the River Torrens via a tunnel and aqueduct. The river is also used to transfer water from the Kangaroo Creek and Millbrook reservoirs.