Hungary at the 1948 Summer Olympics
|Hungary at the|
1948 Summer Olympics
|NOC||Hungarian Olympic Committee|
|Competitors||128 (107 men and 21 women) in 15 sports|
|Flag bearer||Imre Németh|
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
|Other related appearances|
|1906 Intercalated Games|
- Imre Németh — Athletics, Men's Hammer Throw
- Olga Gyarmati — Athletics, Women's Long Jump
- Tibor Csik — Boxing, Men's Bantamweight
- László Papp — Boxing, Men's Middleweight
- Aladár Gerevich — Fencing, Men's Sabre Individual
- Tibor Berczelly, Aladár Gerevich, Rudolf Kárpáti, Pál Kovács, Bertalan Papp, and László Rajcsányi — Fencing, Men's Sabre Team
- Ilona Elek — Fencing, Women's Foil Individual
- Ferenc Pataki — Gymnastics, Men's Floor Exercises
- Károly Takács — Shooting, Men's Rapid-Fire Pistol
- Gyula Bóbis — Wrestling, Men's Freestyle Heavyweight
- János Mogyorósy Klencs — Gymnastics, Men's Floor Exercises
- Erzsébet Balázs, Irén Karcsics, Anna Fehér, Erzsébet Köteles, Olga Tass, Edit Vásárhelyi, and Mária Kövi — Gymnastics, women's Team Competition
- Géza Kádas, György Mitró, Imre Nyéki, and Elemér Szathmáry — Swimming, Men's 4 × 200 m Freestyle Relay
- Jenő Brandi, Oszkár Csuvik, Dezső Fábián, Dezső Gyarmati, Endre Győrfi, Miklós Holop, László Jeney, Dezső Lemhényi, Károly Szittya, István Szivós and Pál Pók — Water Polo, Men's Team Competition
- Miklós Szilvási — Wrestling, Men's Greco-Roman Welterweight
- József Várszegi — Athletics, Men's Javelin Throw
- Lajos Maszlay — Fencing, Men's Foil Individual
- Pál Kovács — Fencing, Men's Sabre Individual
- János Mogyorósy Klencs — Gymnastics, Men's Long Horse Vault
- Ferenc Pataki — Gymnastics, Men's Long Horse Vault
- László Baranyai, János Mogyorósy Klencs, Ferenc Pataki, Lajos Sántha, Lajos Tóth, and Ferenc Várkői — Gymnastics, Men's Team Combined Exercises
- Antal Szendey, Róbert Zimonyi, and Béla Zsitnik — Rowing, Men's Coxed Pairs
- Géza Kádas — Swimming, Men's 100m Freestyle
- György Mitró — Swimming, Men's 1500m Freestyle
- Éva Novák — Swimming, Women's 200m Breaststroke
- Ferenc Tóth — Wrestling, Men's Greco-Roman Featherweight
- Károly Ferencz — Wrestling, Men's Greco-Roman Lightweight
18 fencers, 15 men and 3 women, represented Hungary in 1948.
Three male pentathletes represented Hungary in 1948.
Hungary had nine male rowers participate in four out of seven rowing events in 1948.
Four shooters represented Hungary in 1948. Károly Takács won a gold medal in the 25 metre pistol event.
- "Hungary at the 1948 London Summer Games". sports-reference.com. Archived from the original on 13 November 2014. Retrieved 1 February 2015.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill; et al. "Hungary Rowing at the 1948 London Summer Games". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on 17 April 2020. Retrieved 13 March 2018.