Independent Republican (Ireland)
Independent Republican (Irish: Poblachtach Daonlathach) was a political title frequently used by Irish republicans when contesting elections in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland since the 1920s.
In the main, but certainly not always, Independent Republican candidates were members of Sinn Féin or the Irish Republican Army[which?]. In times when these organizations were proscribed or when they refused to register as political parties, the label "Independent Republican" was used.
The Republic of Ireland
- John Carroll, local politician from Offaly, ex Sinn Féin
- Fr. Patrick Ryan - Munster European Election 1989
- Gerry McGeough
- Frank Maguire - Fermanagh South Tyrone
- Bobby Sands - Fermanagh South Tyrone
- Anthony Mulvey - Mid Ulster
- Tom Mitchell -Mid Ulster
- Bernadette Devlin - Mid Ulster