Indie music (disambiguation)
"Indie music" is a shorthand form of "independent music" that loosely describes music that is produced without the assistance of major commercial record labels or their subsidiaries.
Indie music may also refer to:
- Indie electronic, a style of indie rock and electronic music that originated in the 1990s, also sometimes known as Indietronica
- Indie folk, a style of folk music from the 1990s
- Indie pop, also known simply as "indie"
- Indie rock, a style of alternative rock from the 1980s
- Indie hip-hop or Underground hip-hop, an umbrella term for hip-hop music that is outside the general commercial canon
- Indie dance or Alternative dance, a musical genre that mixes alternative rock with electronic dance music
- Indie rave or Madchester, a style of indie music from the late 1980s and early 1990s