International Development Committee
The International Development Committee is a select committee of the House of Commons in the Parliament of the United Kingdom. The remit of the Committee is to examine the expenditure, administration and policy of the international aid functions of the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office and public bodies which work with the Office in relation to international aid and official development assistance. The Independent Commission for Aid Impact reports to this Select Committee.
The committee used to be responsible for scrutiny of the Department for International Development.
The following MPs were members of the committee in the 57th parliament of the United Kingdom.
The following MPs were members of the committee in the 56th parliament of the United Kingdom.
As of 4 February 2013, the members of the committee in the 55th parliament were as follows:
Occasionally, the House of Commons orders changes to be made in terms of membership of select committees, as proposed by the Committee of Selection. Such changes are shown below.
|2 November 2010||Russell Brown MP (Labour)||Dumfries and Galloway||→||Michael McCann MP (Labour)||East Kilbride, Strathaven and Lesmahagow||Hansard|
|Ann McKechin MP (Labour)||Glasgow North||Alison McGovern MP (Labour)||Wirral South|
|14 February 2011||James Clappison MP (Conservative)||Hertsmere||→||Sam Gyimah MP (Conservative)||East Surrey||Hansard|
|18 June 2012||Anas Sarwar MP (Labour)||Glasgow Central||→||Fiona O'Donnell MP (Labour)||East Lothian||Hansard|
|5 November 2012||Sam Gyimah MP (Conservative)||East Surrey||→||Fiona Bruce MP (Conservative)||Congleton||Hansard|
|Richard Harrington MP (Conservative)||Watford||Mark Pritchard MP (Conservative)||The Wrekin|
|4 February 2013||Alison McGovern MP (Labour)||Wirral South||→||Fabian Hamilton MP (Labour)||Leeds North East||Hansard|
List of committee chairs
|Sarah Champion||Labour||Rotherham||29 January 2020||Elected by the House of Commons|
|Stephen Twigg||Labour||Liverpool West Derby||19 May 2015||Elected by the House of Commons|
|Malcolm Bruce||Liberal Democrats||Gordon||14 July 2005||Elected by the House of Commons|
|Tony Baldry||Conservative||Banbury||18 July 2001||Elected by the Select Committee|
|Bowen Wells||Conservative||Hertford and Stortford||16 July 1997||Elected by the Select Committee|
- "International Development Committee - role". UK Parliament. Retrieved 14 July 2015.
- "Independent Commission for Aid Impact". ICAI. Retrieved 14 July 2015.
- "Sarah Champion elected as Chair of International Development Committee". Retrieved 2020-01-30.
- "Calendar of Business 2 March 2020". publications.parliament.uk. UK parliament. 27 February 2020. Retrieved 27 February 2020.
That Mr Richard Bacon, Brendan Clarke-Smith, Theo Clarke, Mrs Pauline Latham, Chris Law, Mr Ian Liddell-Grainger, Navendu Mishra, Kate Osamor, Dr Dan Poulter and Mr Virendra Sharma be members of the International Development Committee.
- "Membership - International Development Committee". UK Parliament. Retrieved 2017-11-02.
- "MPs selected for the International Development Committee". UK Parliament. Retrieved 14 July 2015.
- "Parliamentary career for Sir Tony Baldry - MPs and Lords - UK Parliament". members.parliament.uk. Retrieved 2020-11-22.