International Trail Running Association
International Trail Running Association (ITRA) is the governing body for trail running. It was formed in 2013, emerging from the 1st International Trail Running Conference held in 2012. Trail running was first recognised by the International Association of Athletics Federations (now World Athletics) in 2015 as a discipline of athletics.
- "Presentation and objectives". International Trail Running Association. Retrieved 18 April 2016.
- "International Trail-Running Association (ITRA) - first conclusions". Run247.com (Press release). 9 July 2013.
- "Trail running recognised as an official discipline of the IAAF". Run247.com (Press release). 21 August 2015. Archived from the original on 25 January 2018. Retrieved 18 April 2016.
- "IAAF Competition Rules 2016-2017" (PDF). International Association of Athletics Federations. 1 November 2015. Retrieved 29 October 2017.
IAAF Congress in Beijing voted to change Article 2 of the IAAF Constitution to include trail running officially as part of the definition of 'Athletics'
- IAAF Congress, Beijing, China, 19 August 2015 – Day 1 NOTES iaaf.org.