Iryna Volodymyrivna Herashchenko (Ukrainian: Ірина Володимирівна Геращенко) is a People's Deputy of Ukraine of IX convocation from the European Solidarity party, a politician and journalist of Ukraine. She is a Merited Journalist of Ukraine (2000). Former First Deputy Chairwoman of the Verkhovna Rada (Ukraine's parliament), also serving as President's Humanitarian Envoy at the Minsk peace talks regarding the War in Donbass.
|First Deputy Chairwoman of the Verkhovna Rada|
14 April 2016 – 29 August 2019
|Preceded by||Andriy Parubiy|
|Succeeded by||Ruslan Stefanchuk|
|Chairman of the Committee of the Verkhovna Rada on European integration|
of the 8th convocation
December 4, 2014 – 14 April 2016
|Preceded by||Hryhoriy Nemyria|
|People's Deputy of Ukraine|
November 23, 2007 – December 12, 2012
|Constituency||Our Ukraine Bloc, No.19|
December 12, 2012 – November 27, 2014
November 27, 2014 – 29 August 2019
|Constituency||Petro Poroshenko Bloc, No.9|
|Assumed office |
29 August 2019
|Constituency||European Solidarity, No.3|
|Born||May 15, 1971|
Cherkasy, Ukrainian SSR, Soviet Union
|Political party||Petro Poroshenko Bloc (2014-present)|
|Ukrainian Democratic Alliance for Reform (2012-2014)|
Our Ukraine–People's Self-Defense Bloc (2007-2012)
Personal life and education
Herashchenko worked as a journalist for Inter and then as a presidential press secretary in 2005–06 for Viktor Yushchenko. In 2006–07, she was a president of the Information Agency UNIAN. In November 2007, she entered parliament for the first time as a member of the Our Ukraine–People's Self-Defense Bloc. For the 2012 Ukrainian parliamentary elections, she joined the Ukrainian Democratic Alliance for Reform of Vitali Klitschko.
In June 2014, during the war in Donbass, Herashchenko was appointed President Petro Poroshenko's envoy for his Peace plan for Eastern Ukraine. In the 2014 Ukrainian parliamentary election, she was re-elected into parliament after being in the top 10 of the electoral list of Petro Poroshenko Bloc. There she became Chairman of the Committee of the Verkhovna Rada on issues of European integration. On 14 April 2016 Herashchenko was elected First Deputy Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada (Ukraine's parliament).
Acting as deputy Speaker, she was among 322 Ukrainian citizens placed under sanctions by Russia in November 2018.
According to the electronic declaration, in 2019, Herashchenko received 1210,875 hryvnias (US$44,847) as salary and reimbursement of expenses as deputy of the Verkhovna Rada. On bank accounts, Iryna Herashchenko had 98,333 hryvnias. She also declared US$ 32,500, € 6100, and 135,000 hryvnias in cash. Additionally, Iryna Herashchenko had a collection of paintings, as well as valuable jewellery (Chopard, Piaget). Her husband (Zatsepin Anton) has declared 4 028,356 hryvnias of income (US$149,198) and 2 apartments (total area of 180 m2). Iryna Herashchenko also declared a 2013 Ford Explorer car and a 2015 LEXUS RX200T car.
- "People's Deputy of Ukraine of the VI convocation". Official portal (in Ukrainian). Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. Retrieved 23 December 2014.
- "People's Deputy of Ukraine of the VII convocation". Official portal (in Ukrainian). Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. Retrieved 23 December 2014.
- "People's Deputy of Ukraine of the VIII convocation". Official portal (in Ukrainian). Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. Retrieved 23 December 2014.
- "Irina Gerashchenko" (in Russian). liga.net.
- Rada appoints Iryna Gerashchenko as first deputy speaker, Interfax-Ukraine (14 April 2016)
- "UDAR MP Heraschenko becomes Poroshenko's envoy for peaceful settlement in southeastern Ukraine". Interfax-Ukraine. 17 June 2014.
- "General official results of Rada election". Interfax-Ukraine. 11 November 2014.
"Central Election Commission announces official results of Rada election on party tickets". Interfax-Ukraine. 11 November 2014.
- "Геращенко Ірина Володимирівна" [Iryna Volodymyrivna Herashchenko] (in Ukrainian). Verkhovna Rada website.
- "Committee on issues of ecological policy, natural resources, and the elimination of the consequences of the Chornobyl Catastrophe" (in Ukrainian). Official website of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. Retrieved 10 December 2014.
- "Помідори Фірташа, Ярош і син Порошенка: проти кого Росія запровадила санкції", BBC News, Ukrainian office
- CEC counts 100 percent of vote in Ukraine's parliamentary elections, Ukrinform (26 July 2019)
(in Russian) Results of the extraordinary elections of the People's Deputies of Ukraine 2019, Ukrayinska Pravda (21 July 2019)
- "Declarations: Herashchenko Iryna Volodymyrivna from the NACP". declarations.com.ua. Retrieved 2020-07-08.