JML (John Mills Limited)
A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (January 2017)
|Type||Private Limited Company|
|Founded||1986in London, England|
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|Ken Daly |
(Chief Executive Officer)
In addition to its own products, JML distributes products from other international direct response television (DRTV) suppliers.
John Mills founded JML in the basement of his house in Camden in 1986. Reverting to a model of selling at trade shows, the company expanded into consumer selling after a trial involving end-of-aisle video demonstrations in third-party owned retail shops.
JML first established its headquarters in Kentish Town, North London. This was home to one third of the company’s workforce, containing the product development, marketing, direct to consumer, video production, international sales and broadcast operations. In 2016 JML moved its headquarters to Chiswick, West London, as part of its expansion plans.
The brand also has a direct-to-consumer business through its JML Direct TV shopping channel (operating on Sky 661 and Freesat 806), website and bi-yearly catalogue. The UK infomercials are largely produced in-house as well as featuring product demonstration video content from across the globe. JML also broadcasts through third parties.
- "John Mills Limited". Companies House. Retrieved 3 October 2019.
- "John Mills: the millionaire behind the Snuggie and fast fit ironing board cover". telegraph.co.uk. 5 June 2013. Retrieved 17 February 2018.
- "Home shopping firm's jobs boost". shieldsgazette.com. 26 May 2008. Retrieved 17 February 2018.
- "JML strengthens DRTV and online marketplace senior teams". theretailbulletin.com. 20 April 2017. Retrieved 17 February 2018.
- Armitstead, Louise (15 September 2013). "Rich, private school, Oxford. Meet John Mills, Labour's biggest donor" – via www.telegraph.co.uk.
- "Financial Times". Financial Times.
- "Global retailer JML moves to new Chiswick offices". chiswickherald.co.uk.
- "Shields Gazette". Shields Gazette.
- "Europe's Top 500 Growth Companies" (PDF). europes500.eu. Retrieved 17 February 2018.
- "ERA Elects Ken Daly as the new Chairman". era-global.org. Retrieved 3 October 2019.
- "Big Interview: Ken Daly, CEO of JML". retailgazette.co.uk. 9 November 2016. Retrieved 26 May 2018.